Here are the top 5 things I have learned this week.
1. Fall is just Summer in disguise. It was 80 degrees earlier this week!! And you wanna know why it was that warm? Because I just bought a bunch of cute new fall clothes and that is just the way things happen. However, I will not complain about being able to wear shorts and flip flops a little longer. AND the nice weather makes it very enjoyable while admiring the beautiful leaves.
2. Be nice to someone, they will be nice to you. It amazes me how much a little smile or compliment can make someone’s day. This is why I LOVE working at Moxie Java. I meet all different types of people. However one thing is common with all of the people I meet, if you treat them with kindness and respect, you will definitely be rewarded. It’s awesome!
3. Enjoy the time you have with people. So many times I take people for granted. Sometimes I get caught up on focusing on the things that I need to get done. Key word “I”. It should not be that way. God puts people into your life for a reason and I need to keep reminding myself that. I especially need to keep this in mind with my boyfriend, Nick. We haven’t seen each other in almost over a month…which let me tell you, SUCKS! (We are both so busy with him playing football and I work ALL OF THE TIME). Not seeing him is going to make me cherish our time together even more. It also makes our skypes even more enjoyable because we take advantage of every minute. You are definitely a trooper for putting up with me, Nick 🙂
4. God would never give you anything you can’t handle. When the going gets tough you can’t just complain about being busy or wish things weren’t so hard. Life is tough. Life gives you obstacles and challenges and most of the time we can’t understand why? With each bump in the road we grow up a little bit…. and create some thicker skin. I know I would not be the person I am today without all of my screw ups….and for that I am so thankful they happened!
5. Learn to laugh at yourself. Sooooo I had one of the most emberassing moments happen to me yesterday!!! I totally ate dirt after falling off of my bike. Can you believe I fell off my bike!!? I mean come on Becca, 5-year-olds don’t even fall off their bike!! Okay so in an attempt to not make me sound so “loser-ish”, I had a good reason for falling off of my bike……I was carrying my coffee with me to class and my shoe got caught on my peddle which made me lose control and run into the curb, inevitably making me flip over my bike. (Alright alright so it was super embarrassing but also HILARIOUS!) I think learning to laugh at myself makes the situation that much better. Most people would feel bad about themselves, but not this girl! I keep telling myself that God had me fall off my bike so I will have an embarrassing moment to share at my pageant interview next weekend. You gotta keep positive!
So there you go, my top 5 things I learned this week, and I thought of them all while I was running this morning! But as for me now, I better get back to wrapping things up on my pageant paperwork and enjoying my time at Caribou Coffee.
Enjoy the nice weather we have while it lasts! Also, maybe think about a few things you have learned this week…I bet you would be surprised by what you come up with.
Becca Lebak 🙂